Thursday, June 15, 2006

Looking Back . . . And Forward With Anticipation (& Montages)

So Clay BLOGGED!!!. And gave us the wonderful news about Quiana and her new baby boy, Chamberlain Malik Moore. As Clay said, Quiana is an amazingly talented vocalist. Visit her website Quiana Parler Music. Congratulations Quiana!

Clay then proceeded to insult BEETS! I mean, what did a beet ever do to him? Poor innocent little vegetable. I guess he never had a wonderful roasted beet salad with walnuts and goat cheese. Beet Salad Recipe Come over to my house Clay -- I’ll cook.

And today we woke to find Clay was having a great time at the hockey game last night. Looks mighty happy too. Glad to see he’s having fun. He looks rested too – which is good because I expect the onslaught of promotion to be starting soon!

So now that I’m really used to seeing Clay with long hair . . . it’s time to say goodbye to the spiky guy I’ve enjoyed seeing these past 3 years.

Below are some Montages I’ve done. I’m just a beginner – I honestly haven’t a clue what I’m doing but it’s so much fun to try. There are some really talented montage-makers out there and you can find many of them in the What’s New section of Clay Aiken-The Ideal Idol

These montages show the different sides of the wonderfully complex and intriguing man that is Clay Aiken. I made my first one a few months ago. I wanted to lighten my mood and pay tribute to one side of Clay that always makes me laugh. The video is set to Danny O’Keefe singing “Steppin’ Out Tonight”.



Now anyone who knows me (or read my blog about the British Invasion knows I adore The Zombies rendition of “You Really Got A Hold On Me” and desparately want Clay to do this version sometime. So I had to make a montage set to that song.



Kind, generous and giving Clay – and beautiful Clay are combined in “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” sung by Van Morrison.




I was listening to Norah Jones’ “Turn Me On” and thought it might work for a montage of Clay. It was fun to just get up close and personal with some of the beautiful pictures taken by Clay fans.



And finally, after AI5’s episode of Queen covers – I needed to revisit “Body Language”. It’s not one I expect Clay to ever cover . . . but I thought it would be fun to set a Clay montage to it!



Check out Olosta for a look at one of the master montage-makers.

Technorati tags:




____________________

Thanks for visiting The ConCLAYve. Please don't be shy about commenting - we love feedback. And visit often - bookmark us to make it easy! Don't forget to check out the other posts here on The ConCLAYve for more about Clay and lots of other topics.

And visit the great blogs we've linked on our sidebar.

2 comments:

Pink Armchair said...

These montages are great! I wish I knew how to make one (or had the software to do so). I think these do more than anything to advertise a new Clay to those who only saw him on American Idol and in guest spots. Wonderful stuff.

beauzzartz said...

I had trouble posting earlier! How fun to watch these beautifully edited montages again, they "inspired" me to write a blog, and lucky for you, it isn't the one on my snake phobia.

*settles down on the Conclayve bean bag imagining Clay singing You've Really Got a Hold on Me*