Friday, May 12, 2006

Birthdays on Weight Watchers

The other day was my birthday. Clay didn't blog to wish me a Happy -- what's up with that??(ha ha, just kidding, I'm not a psycho).

I've been on Weight Watchers for 5 weeks (14 pounds lost!). My pal at work bought little teeny mini cupcakes (3 points each) to celebrate my birthday. I had packed my little yogurt, sandwich and rice cakes like I do every day, but there should be no points calculation on your birthday, right??

So, I ordered a Buffalo Chicken Salad for lunch. I don't even want to know how many points, but it was damn good. Then my friend calls and wants to meet for a cocktail after work. How could I say no? (BTW -- I don't count liquids. It's all water in my book, whenther it's coffee, soda, wine or a margarita). Three glasses of Pinot Grigio and a steak sandwich later, I headed for home. It certainly was better than a crappy sandwich for lunch and a Smart Ones for dinner. Tomorrow I get to celebrate all over again, so I'm just hoping to stay at the 14 pounds lost for this week.

Oh, and the Yankees won for my birthday (and last I checked were winning again tonight) so all in all, it was a good birthday!!

Technorati tags: ,,

12 comments:

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

5 Weeks and 14 lbs is incredible. That's amazing - really. Congratulations to you and the Yankees too!

Pink Armchair said...

I'm so glad you had a nice birthday. And Weight Watchers is the best, isn't it? I'm going back there QUITE soon. Thanks for sharing that.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your success at WW! I've been doing WW since Feb, and I've lost 18 lbs.

CB said...

The Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the Yankees but I told them to go easy and let them win on your birthday. You're welcome.

Wow, 14 pounds. You will be unrecognizable when I see you next month.

myclaystation said...

Wow, 14 lbs...awesome. Happy Birthday!

beauzzartz said...

I'm toasting your birthday and admirable success with a glass of "water" right now. It's all water in my book too. I like the way you think!

TheClayBlog said...

Happy belated birthday! And keep up the good work!

Ramy said...

COngratulations on the weight loss and the birthday. Keep up the good work!

Tsathy said...

Many happy returns!

Fiery kisses,
T

P.S. Char-grilling reduce calories. The more grilled, the less calories. Yum!

Jemock said...

Jemock's Diet Tips:

If you drink Diet Coke with the cupcakes, that cancels out all the calories.

Or if you eat standing up, without a plate. That food doesn't count, either. Cocktail parties are a veritable diet freebie.

The ConCLAYve-Nan said...

Here's some more tips:

Eating off someone else's plate - no calories.

If the waiter brings you something you didn't order - no calories.

mba said...

14 pounds in 5 weeks -- that is great! Maybe I'll have to look into that points thing. Do you earn extra points working out on the treadmill while watching Clay DVDs? It certainly increases my heart rate!